How To Configure Xampp To Avoid Conflicts In Windows
When you configure Xampp in Windows, you will have a common issue – the conflict occur between Xampp and Skype because they are using same port (or any software using that port). In this tutorial, I will show you a simple way to solve this kind of issue. Let’s start.
1. Step 1: Open Xampp and start 2 services as usual: Apache and MySQL.
2. Step 2: Click Config and select “Apache (http.config)”. Open file by any software you want, here I use notepad to edit.
3. Step 3: Change current Xampp’s port.
- The port Xampp using is “80”.
- Our job is to change it into any other port. We recommend we change to “8080” because there is no software using this one.
- Following these steps to change Xampp’s port.
- Press “Ctrl + F” to start “Find” tool in Notepad. Search “80” and press “Find next”.
- You will have 4 results and change all of them to “8080” if you want or change only 2 results (image below).
- Save the file with every change we made!
4. Step 4: Stop “Apache” service then start again. WE DONE!
If you want to read more and have our updated tutorials, click to subscribe.