Install Quick-Start Package on Joomla 3.0 Easily
Note: Before installing quick-start package, you need to install Joomla 3.x (support 3.2.x and 3.3.x). Please check Joomla 3.x FAQs to have details for installing Joomla 3.x
Quick-start Package is the best choice for users who want to kick-start a new Joomla template. Please check the guide below to understand how to implement Quickstart Installation. However, please remember to back up your data beforehand because your old data will be all gone afterwards. Don’t worry because we also guide you how to install the new WordPress theme with preservation of your data.
Note: You must be a member and pay off the PRO and DEV package to see Quick-start packages. The first thing to do is to login to Client Login with your account. Take B Metis as an example for our tutorial.
When you are in download page, you can see the Zip file of Quick-start package, download it
Once you have this WordPress theme, please extract this WordPress theme to folder with full files. Example: B Metis – Joomla 3 Responsive Template
- In your local host: Copy this extracted folder to: …wampwww[your_folder] (for WAMP) and …xampphtdocs[your_folder] (for XAMPP
- From your hosting: If you want to install the Quick-start from your hosting, please upload all folders in the folder that you just extracted to the FTP_Base _folder/[Your_folder] (normally it is public_html). For examples: copy/upload all folders and files to htdocs/metis4
4. Create Database
Access your database control panel to create new database. When access the database control panel, create a new database
After creating database, remember the database name to add to the Quick-start Installation Wizards. Now the database and Quick-start Package are ready, it’s time to complete Quick-start installation.
5. Complete Quickstart Installation
Go to your website address on local host (or your online site if you prefer). The installation screen will come up. You can choose language for installation process. Fill in your information. Marked fields are required.
Click on the Next button. You’ll be taken to the Database Configuration screen:
• Select the type of database from the drop-down list; the most popular one is MySQLi.
• Then enter the hostname of the database server. Here we use local host from the beginning because installing on local host is much faster.
• Enter the MySQL username, password and database name that you previously created on 4. Article.
• You can leave the “Table prefix” field unchanged. A Prefix is relevant only when one database is shared by several Joomla! or WordPress installations.
• To continue, click the Next button. The Joomla! installer will then check database connection.
• If the database is successfully connected, you will be moved to Overview tab – this is the final and most important page during the Installation process. If you encounter error in this step, should check back whether you have filled in correct information of the database or forgot creating a new database.
The most important thing is to choose the option Sample Data. Otherwise the quickstart package won’t work.
At the bottom of this page you will see information about your system and if any of the settings are marked as red, your system is not ready yet for the Joomla! installation. Click the Install button to install the demo content and complete the installation. Remember that the sample data installation is the most important step when using quick start package.
Now the installation is finished, congratulation! However, there is still a last step to do. You must delete the “installation” folder. It can be done automatically by clicking to Remove Installation Folder button.
Before removing the installation folder you may install additional languages for both the Joomla! front-end and the back-end. If you want to add extra languages to your Joomla application click the Install languages button.
• the “Site” button to visit the homepage of your website. You will find the new website fully-operational and looking exactly like our demo;
• or the “Administrator” button to visit the “backend” page of your website and log in to the administrative interface using the username and the password that you created during installation (don’t mistake for the database user password).
For next access times on local host, after successful implementation of all steps, navigate to: http://localhost/[your_folder] (or http://localhost:8080/[your_folder] in case using port 8080), your front-page will be similar to our demo site, only images are different due to copyright rule.
- You can read more detailed to install Joomla 3.x (http://docs.joomla.org/J3.2:Installing_Joomla)
- To keep away from bugs while installing, you must fully install and configure as we guided in order that after uploading the entire sample data, your website seems to be similar to the demo.